We are open to freelance and part-time arrangements.
We’re always looking for skilled Front-end Engineers. We look for both a mastery of the hands-on aspects of web interface engineering, as well as an ability to design solid front-end architectures that integrate with other systems and technologies; and, the ability to effectively communicate these solutions verbally and in written documentation.
Responsibilities include participating in the development of client side engineering solutions; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, and web-based mobile experiences; integrating your code with other technologies (Flash, Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc); optimizing performance of front-end applications; and working with visual designers, interaction designers and software engineers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years web development experience
- Ability to write standards compliant, accessible, SEO-optimized XHTML & CSS
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
- Practical understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, MooTools, YUI, etc…).
- Ability to produce well-formed, optimized, unobtrusive JS with scalability and extensibility in mind.
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop)
- Familiarity with one of the following: Drupal, Joomla, WordPress.
- Experience working within MVC frameworks
- Experience with source control (SVN, GitHub, or Mercurial).
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Experience with server-side scripting (PHP, .Net, Java, etc…).
- Familiarity with integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…).
- Experience with mobile web development
- Experience with Flex/Flash (AS3)
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and skill breadth.
Send your resume and a note regarding your interest to email@example.com.