We are open to freelance and full-time arrangements.
We’re always looking for skilled back-end developers. We look for both a mastery of the hands-on aspects of web application engineering, as well as an ability to design solid back-end architectures that integrate with other systems and technologies; and, the ability to effectively communicate these solutions verbally and in written documentation.
Responsibilities include participating in the development of server-side engineering solutions; integrating your code with other technologies (Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc); and working with front-end developers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Extensive experience with server-side scripting in one of these languages: PHP, Java, .Net
- Deep experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostreSQL, MSSQL.
- Experience with Linux or Windows server admin.
- Knowledge of at least one web application development framework (Spring, RoR, Zend etc…)
- Experience with integrating major 3rd party APIs such as Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…
- Familiarity with one of the following: Drupal, Joomla, WordPress.
- Experience with source control using SVN, GitHub, or Mercurial.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- The ability to write standards compliant XHTML & CSS.
- Experience using JS Frameworks such as jQuery, MooTools, YUI, etc…
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and skill breadth.
Send your resume and a note regarding your interest to email@example.com.